Making college payments flexible! The monthly payment plan enables students or their authorized users to pay current Fall and Spring semester enrollment and mandatory fees in installment payments per semester. The plan offers great benefits by spreading your tuition payments over a period of time with interest-free monthly installments, while maintaining enrollment in your courses, as long as your payment plan schedule is current on all payments.
- ♦ Fall 2019 Payment Plan Sign Up closed on 8/21/2019♦ Spring 2020 Payment Plan enrollment begins 10/31/2019
- Log in to your Pipeline portal
- Register for Classes
- Go to STUDENT tab
- Go to STUDENT ACCOUNT
- Go to STUDENT RESOURCES
- Select SIGN UP / MANAGE MY PAYMENT PLAN
- Follow the prompts on Nelnet Portal, making sure to complete all required fields are completed.
- Review Terms and Conditions of the payment plan, at the end of the application. Read carefully and fully before submitting the application.
- Check the box at the end to accept Terms & Conditions before submitted the online application.
You can also view our Powerpoint Tutorial on Enrolling in a Payment Plan (PDF) or watch the Video Tutorial.
This is a formal request for a Payment Plan specifically for a SBCC student account with an outstanding balance and current financial hold. A payment plan for an outstanding balance may be permitted in certain circumstances, such as verified cases of illness, accident, or other circumstances beyond the student's control. Students must provide a personal statement detailing any extenuating circumstances that may be used for consideration of this petition. Any extenuating circumstances listed require supporting documentation and must be submitted with this request.
Additionally, students are encouraged to first contact both Finance Aid to review aid opportunities, as well as their Academic Advisor to ensure educational plans are on track. Past Due Payment Plans will result in Transcript and Graduation Holds on the student account. This hold will not be removed from the student account until the Past Due balance is paid in full.
- Click here to complete and submit an online Petition for Payment Plan for Past Due Balances.
- Click here to print and complete a paper form of the Petition for Payment Plan for Past Due Balances. Complete the form, sign it and submit to email@example.com, mail by USPS, or drop off in person at the Cashier's Office window during business hours at SS-150.
Please allow 1-2 weeks; all approvals and denials will receive an email confirmation to their pipeline email address.
- Setup fee of $25.00 is non-refundable.
- Plan is interest-free.
- One payment plan allowed per semester.
- Enrollment limited to balances of $276 or greater.
- Plans automatically rebalance based on changes to enrollment and financial aid disbursements/pullbacks.
- Payments accepted by checking/savings account, credit card, and pre-paid debit cards.
- Payments towards a Payment Plan Balance are ONLY accepted thru the Nelnet Portal. No payments will be accepted at the Cashier's Office window.
- Automatically withdraw from your saved payment method each month.
- A failed attempt/returned payment (i.e. Insufficient funds), is a fee of $30.
- Plan will be canceled following two attempts at making payment.
- Failure to make payment may result in immediate drop of ALL classes for the semester for non-payment of fees, when instruction has not begun.
Participants may update their payment method at any time on their Pipeline portal. To have your new payment method used for your upcoming payment, the update must be made 48 hours prior to your next scheduled monthly payment. If a new payment method is not updated, remaining installments will automatically process against your old payment method.
Your student account balance may increase or decrease depending on the account activity, such as adding new classes, dropping classes, receiving a financial aid award, etc. Your payment plan has been designed to automatically recalculate and adjust your upcoming monthly payments based on your activity. When this happens, the student will receive an automated email specifying the new plan amount.
Students may designate an authorized user to access their payment plan. Authorized users will access the student account directly through the Nelnet Authorized User Access; students retain full control and privacy to their pipeline portal at all times. A student's course registration and other student account detail are not visible on the Nelnet site. Authorized users will only have access to total student plan balance and have the ability to update payment methods, and other details necessary for managing the payment plan.
To designate an authorized payer, select "Want to designate another payer?" in the upper right hand corner of your Nelnet access page. This can be added, updated or removed at any time while the payment plan is active. Notify the authorized payer and allow plenty of time for the payer to complete their setup process.
- This plan is administered by Nelnet Business Solutions only. For any questions or concerns regarding the Nelnet portal, scheduled payments, setup fees, failed payment attempts, etc, please contact Nelnet directly at 1-800-609-8056. Santa Barbara City College personnel will not be able to give assistance for Nelnet portal questions or concerns.
Students who are requesting accommodations on the basis of disability, including an alternate format of these petitions, forms and Nelnet access, should make an appointment with a DSPS (Disability Services and Programs for Students) Specialist in the Student Services Building, Room 160 or call 805-730-4164 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.