Transfer Academy News:
Welcome to the 2018 - 19 Academic School Year. The Transfer Academy team is looking forward to working with you.
~TA Counseling Drop-in & Appointments - Spring 2019
- Effective 3/4/19, West Campus Counseling Kiosk is open for questions on most Mondays from 9:30 am - 1:30 pm. The kiosk is located outside of the SBCC Library/LRC
- Individual appointments are available throughout the spring semester. To schedule an appointment with a TA counselor, please call (805) 730-4347
~Virtual Counseling is available
- The TA will offer virtual counseling throughout the 2018 - 19 academic year. The TA is offering online "Transfer Chat" where you can chat live via text with a Transfer Academy counselor
~Transfer 101 Workshops (on hold)
- The Transfer Academy will be offering Transfer 101: The Basics presentations throughout the academic year. All are welcome to attend. The Transfer 101 schedule will resume this summer.
~Study Abroad this summer
- Study abroad through SBCC's Study Abroad Program this winter and earn UC transferable units
- University Representatives on SBCC campus - Spring 2019 Schedule
- UCSB - Virtual Advising Information
- Earn a BA in Business, Nursing, and Psychology from CSUCI without leaving Santa Barbara - Program Information
~Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) - Fall 2020 Admission Cycle
- September 1 - September 30, 2019
- The UC TAG GPA for each institution has increased - check out the UC GPA Flier for specific information
- Access the UC Transfer Admission Planner (TAP) -The TAP is a tool that helps you track your progress toward meeting UC's minimum requirements. The tool allows UC staff to communicate important information. Additionally, TAP is used to begin the UC TAG application and self-reported information can be imported into the UC application
- The TAG application will open for submission on September 1st; the deadline is Sunday, September 30th at 11:59 p.m. (F'19 - not yet posted)
- TAG kiosk will open in September for questions Monday - Thursday in the Student Services Building (F'19 - not yet posted)
- TAG workshops will be held Monday, Tuesday and a couple of weekends during the month of September - sbcc.edu/tag
- TAG tutorial available online
- TAG application reviews will be held on Monday, September 10, 17, 24 from 8:30 a.m. - noon in the Assessment Center, SS-250 (F'19 - not yet posted)
- TAG - Workshop, Kiosk, Completed Review Information (F'19 - not yet posted)
~UC Admissions Update - Fall 2019 Admission Cycle (Fall '20 not yet posted)
- UC and CSU for Fall 2019 Admission Application and Personal Insight Questions workshop schedule
- Attention Prospective UCSB Transfer Students-Click here
- Virtual College Fair - Participate in virtual college fairs and chat live with university admissions representatives at CollegeWeek Live
- UC-CSU Application Timeline for fall 2018 admission
~CSU Admissions Update
- 18 CSU's open for spring 2019 admission; special conditions may apply - CalStateApply
- 8 CSU's do not have campus impaction; thus, as long as you meet the minimum admission requirements, you can be admitted to the University. Please note: major requirements/admission may vary and require additional classes, GPA, etc.
SBCC General Academic Information:
~ Degree/Certification Deadline
- The priority filing period for spring 2019 can be found at degree/certification
~ Pass/No Pass Grading Deadline
- The last day to petition pass/no pass grading is February 14th.
- The spring 2019 course withdrawal deadline without a "W" and with enrollment/tuition refund is Saturday, January 26th. Final withdrawal deadline with a "W" for a regular start/semester course is Friday, March 15th.
~The 2018/2019 Winter Intersession list is available
- California Community Colleges open for Winter 2018/19 intersession; the list includes on-campus, hybrid, and fully online courses.
~UC Credit Transfer Limitations
Transfer Limitations: There is a limit to the number of units for which UC grants credit - See Assist.org and click on UC Transferable Courses - Department - Scroll to bottom of page for more information
Duplication of Credit: UC will not grant credit for college courses in which the content duplicates material of a previously completed course or examination for which credit has already been granted, with the exception of the repeat of deficient (D/F) course grades. Information can be found at Assist.org.
For Internal Use Only:
~Transfer 101 Workshops
- The TA will offer Transfer 101 Workshops throughout the summer. All are welcome to attend.
Mortar Board Example