News and Updates
Welcome to the new Academic School Year. The Transfer Academy team is looking forward to working with you.
Transfer Academy News
- Effective 10/8/19, West Campus Counseling Kiosk is open for questions on most Tuesdays from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. The kiosk is located outside of the SBCC Library/LRC
- Individual appointments are available throughout the fall semester. To schedule an appointment with a TA counselor, please call (805) 730-4347
- The Transfer Academy will be offering Transfer 101: The Basics presentations throughout the academic year. All are welcome to attend. The Transfer 101 schedule will resume in October.
- Study abroad through SBCC's Study Abroad Program this winter and earn UC transferable units.
- University Representatives on SBCC campus - Schedule
- UCSB - Virtual Advising Information
- Earn a BA in Business, Nursing, and Psychology from CSUCI without leaving Santa Barbara - Program Information
- September 1 - September 30, 2019
- The UC TAG GPA for each institution has increased - check out the UC GPA Flier for specific information
- Access the UC Transfer Admission Planner (TAP) -The TAP is a tool that helps you track your progress toward meeting UC's minimum requirements. The tool allows UC staff to communicate important information. Additionally, TAP is used to begin the UC TAG application and self-reported information can be imported into the UC application
- The TAG application will open for submission on September 1st; the deadline is Monday, September 30th at 11:59 p.m.
- TAG kiosk will open in September for questions Monday - Thursday in the Student Services Building
- TAG workshops will be held Monday, Tuesday and the last weekend during the month of September
- TAG tutorial available online
- TAG application reviews will be held on Monday, September 9. 10, 17. and from 8:30 a.m. - noon and from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm on the 30th in the Assessment Center, SS-250
- TAG - Workshop, Kiosk, Completed Review Information
- UC-CSU Application Timeline for fall admission
- UC and CSU for Fall 2020 Admission Application and Personal Insight Questions workshop schedule ('20 not yet posted)
- Virtual College Fair - Participate in virtual college fairs and chat live with university admissions representatives at CollegeWeek Live
- 18 CSU's open for spring 2020 admission; special conditions may apply - Cal State Apply
- 7 CSU's do not have campus impaction; thus, as long as you meet the minimum admission requirements, you can be admitted to the University. Please note: major requirements/admission may vary and require additional classes, GPA, etc.
SBCC General Academic Information:
- The priority filing period for fall 2019 can be found at the degree applications page.
- The last day to petition pass/no pass grading is September 27th.
- The fall 2019 course withdrawal deadline without a "W" and with enrollment/tuition refund is Saturday, September 7th. Final withdrawal deadline with a "W" for a regular start/semester course is Friday, October 25th.
- California Community Colleges open for Winter 2018/19 intersession; the list includes on-campus, hybrid, and fully online courses.
Transfer Limitations: There is a limit to the number of units for which UC grants credit - See Assist.org and click on UC Transferable Courses - Department - Scroll to bottom of page for more information
Duplication of Credit: UC will not grant credit for college courses in which the content duplicates material of a previously completed course or examination for which credit has already been granted, with the exception of the repeat of deficient (D/F) course grades. Information can be found at Assist.org.